How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6782
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I ordered a bespoke tablecloth in grey online. The cloth

This answer was rated:

I ordered a bespoke tablecloth in grey online. The cloth arrived, it was the correct dimensions but the wrong colour. The supplier is refusing to refund as it is a bespoke item. The do offer an optional sample service but as there was the colour Grey in the name of the cloth and the photograph on the website showed a grey cloth I did not pursue this option. Do I have the right to a refund please?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much did you pay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Initially £74.96. £20 of this was refunded as I had asked for the edges of the cloth to be bound. They called me to advise that they were unable to match the grey bindings to the cloth & would be refunding the cost of the binding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I forgot to say 'Hello' Jamie.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can assume that even though this item was bespoke I still have a legal right to a refund?

Yes, if it is not what you ordered.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much Jamie. How do I get my deposit back please?

You issue proceedings as I have indicated above.

You then write and ask for it and then get your money back.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry no, I meant my goodwill deposit paid to Just Answer.

Are you not happy with the service I have provided or the legal answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
indeed but I understood the payment was a goodwill deposit not a charge.Is that not correct?

You make a deposit, when you get the answer, that deposit is then credited to the expert who has answered your question.

So until you are happy with my answer there is no charge, thereafter its a one off fee

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you