How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have been a sitting tenant in private accomodation

This answer was rated:

Dear sir/madam
I have been a sitting tenant in private accomodation consisting of a standard size bedroom and a small kitchen next to it (the only rooms on the top floor of a 3 floor house)
since oct 1982 (also without any written tenancy agreement ).
Now could you please advice me whether or not my wife can move in to live me if we get married.
your advice would be much appreciated

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

Is your home a self contained flat or a part of the landlord's home?

I assume that you are right that you are a regulated tenant. Most tenancies starting in 1982 were regulated with all the protections that includes. (my earlier query is to check that you are a tenant not along term lodger)

You can invite anyone you want to come and live with you at your home.

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you