How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6447
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My company recently signed a contract as a main contractor

This answer was rated:

My company recently signed a contract as a main contractor on a construction job, it has since been found that a portion of money was not carried over to the final contract sum as that particular cell in the spread sheet did not carry over, please advise if we are entitled to claim that money from the client or if there is anything we can do about it
Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Its just an error, is that what you are saying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was an error in the calculation of the contract sum, however the contract has already been signed

Ok - if its an error clearly it was meant to be included. Its just a calculation error.

So yes you are entitled to claim that money from the client.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is all thank you very muchhave a good day

All the best