How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Following the Refusal decision of Planning Application by a

This answer was rated:

Following the Refusal decision of Planning Application by a County Council it has put in the public domain, a libel [a lie] against me in a letter written by an Objector to the County Council, as part of the Council's Planning Committee's Minutes. The libel was deliberate, not a mis-understanding.
Do I have any legal rights in such a case please ?

You can sue the person who committed the libel and also you can sue the council for repeating it. Defamation and libel are quite specialist areas of law and you should instruct a solicitor to deal with this who knows about this type of legal work. Average costs would be £200 per hour plus VAT. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you