Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

18/09/2016 I was arrested. 17/09/2016 I celebrated a friends

18/09/2016 I was arrested. 17/09/2016 I celebrated a friends birthday, that night I consumed a lot of alcohol and finished drinking early hours of the morning. After sleeping for a short period I decided to drive home (I live 40 mins away) and I crashed my car roughly 30 mins into the journey. My car is a write off but no damage was caused to any other cars or people. The people were called and shortly after I was arrested then taken to the police station where I blew 86(UG) of breath. I have no prior convictions and I work for the MOD as a learning centre adviser. I am currently living in Merthyr Tydfil and I have recently bought a house in Swansea. I work in Brecon and transport links are very bad from both places to work. My court date is 06/10/2016. Can you please provide some advice? Also what ban am I likely to get? Do you know if being on bail/having a driving conviction will affect me when applying for another civil service job?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear you dont have any other driving convictions at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. No, none at all.

The sentencing bracket is 60-89. You can expect to get a fine and a disqualification between 17 – 22 months.

You can reduce the disqualification by 25% if you complete a drink drive course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was information I was able to find online. As mentioned I am concerned about applying for another civil service job, can you provide any info on this? And also any advice on going to court, I will be pleading guilty so will i need a solicitor or any character references? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also is the accident i had likely to make the ban/fine larger or affect the ruling in any way?

No, you wont need character reference or a Solicitor as it wont make any difference.

If you plead guilty you can expect 1/3rd off any fine and a reduction in the disqualification period.

The fact you had an accident is an aggravating feature, but you have not been charged with anything else.

It is a recordable offence so you will need to declare it, until it becomes spent, unless its an exempted post.

So you need to check first.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to keep you, last question. When i do declare it, will this go against me compared to other applicants applying? (even if the offence is not related to the role in any way)

If they were to consider two identical candidates and one had a conviction - it may go against you.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your time. I'll rate you now.

All the best and thanks