How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6421
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I had a flat that was rented out and had a management

This answer was rated:

I had a flat that was rented out and had a management company in place. I never received any invoices for payment of rates to the management company. The case went to court without me knowing and i guess all correspondences went to either the rented flat address or my previous home address.
After going for a car finance last year around May, i was notified by the lender that i have a CCJ on my experian report. Bemused by it all I requested an experian report and made contact to the court and paid the it off straight away.
I have a satisfied CCJ last year in May2015 and was satisfied in June 2015. It was over 30 days. I did not think that it will be registered on my credit file and now posing a lot of issues to gain finance for a mortgage.
Is it possible to write to the court and request that the CCJ be removed from my file as i did not get any correspondences through the court or the management company debt collector telling me that I owe them any money? I moved address in September 2014 by the way.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you ever apply to set aside please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not apply to set aside

I am just in Court. Can I give you a ring when I get out which may be this afternoon or early evening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem.