How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

If I have been in an RTA, which is the 3rd parties fault

This answer was rated:

If I have been in an RTA, which is the 3rd parties fault (accepted liability). I'm part way through a claim for a severe ankle injury caused due to accident. I have found I may not have an in date CBT certificate technically voiding my insurance. Will I still be able to claim a personal injury?? I await your response thanks.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When you say CBT, what is that please?
Is it a term of your insurance that you have one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you need one to have insurance. A CBT is a Compulsory Bike Training certificate it's 1 day course which allows you to ride a 125cc motorbike on L plates. it expires every 2 years and needs to be renewed.

Its for a bike, I see.

Has anyone asked for it yet? Do you have it now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea it's a bike. No I do not have a certificate and my insurance has asked for a copy which I can't produce to finalise the payout for my motorbike which is a Wright off.

Ok. But could you get one now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No because they are dated and I did not have one covering me at the time of the accident which I did not realise until the process of claiming started and I got asked to produce it.

Ok. It may affect your payout for the bike, but not for the personal injury claim.

The third party has admitted liability which means they were negligent.

As such you have a valid Personal Injury claim

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to clarify insurance bike claim may be affected which I expected but the personal injury claim will not be affected and I will 100% be able to proceed and claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be liable to fines perlite points or even a driving ban for not having complete insurance?

Yes that is correct

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yer that is great thanks for the advice.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you