How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Please can you advise whether I need to put a pension

Customer Question

Hi, please can you advise whether I need to put a pension drawdown account into trust for my partner of 20 years or does it form part of my estate, I have left my pension rights to my partner in my will, also can my partner be a trustee as well as a beneficiary?
Thank you for your assistance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Is this a pension already in payment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no, I am 57 years old and I can convert it to a flexi drawdown account with the same provider who have calculated the tax free amount available. The current pension plan was put into trust for my partner, do I have to do the same for a drawdown account as I have read it does not form part of my estate, I have left everything including my pension rights in my will, does this protect me enough? Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay - I was unexpectedly offline

Is anyone likely to challenge your Will?