How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6793
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We live in a council flat in lambeth that the council have

This answer was rated:

Good morning sir/ma'am
we live in a council flat in lambeth that the council have refuse to repair all the damages we did it all and some are still pending. my husband stopped paying rent because the refused to fix the outstanding damages and when they demanded the money we told them to take us to court. in august we went to court and the judge ruled in our favour that he was not going to talk about us paying because the condition of the house is bad an we have done a lot of repairs alone. so he asked lambeth council to get an external surveyor who visited and sent us to a small claims court.
Today the council wrote us asking us to remove the plants and green house we have in our back garden. A space at the back of our window we transformed from a bush to a clean garden for our four kids to play. they gave us 14days or else they'll remove it. The judge said we should go to the court wait for the date and this letter came today what do we do. We rang our local council before we planted the hedges and cleared the place they said verbally do it as long as it is in your space and does not obstruct neighbours or the public space. Now they are making up stories and asking me to remove my green house, the hedges plants planted and small fence made. please what do we do. Ever since we came from the court we have paid the outstanding rent although the judge didn't ask us to we just did. Researching online, the Lambeth Local Plan Proposed Submission November 2013 quality of the built environment and Building alterations and extensions supplementary planning document shows we have done nothing wrong.
please what do we do?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will please appreciate your advice in responding to the letter sent to us as we want to respond. we will like to keep the garden , be compensated for all the work done and finally for them to start and finish the pending work.

What is the value of work done please you want to claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to attach the letter to you so you can see it but its not working will keep trying

Ok, if you use the paperclip icon that should work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it isn't valued yet as the last time we went to court the judge referred us to a small claim court and asked an independent surveyor to our house we have pretty mush spent thousands on kitchen bathroom the entire house excluding one room. the report came and was written in our favour but now they came up with me removing my garden greenhouse, plants, saying we fenced off the communal garden which is not true it is our space etc. quoting the 2012 tenancy agreement in the letter. we don't have a lawyer so we are fighting ourselves. we have not got the date yet, but the councils lawyer is asking us to remove our garden

Sure. Have you had a survey yet? So you are only using land to which you are entitled to do so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see +Add file but no paperclip icon. :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
clicking on it but not responding

Ok. You could send it to:***@******.***

It will get forwarded to me, but could take 24 hours

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks. a neighbour on a different block, fenced and roofed off her garden far more secure than ours but they just have a problem with mine. they are just finding excuses to frustrate us. it is at my back door and window space. a space that no one goes too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will send the attachment


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Jamie
I have emailed the inspection report, the letter we recieved from the councils lawyer, images of the garden in question and in a seperate email my neighbours garden
thanks alot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please after you have gone through the information, I will like to arrange and pay for a phone converstation so you could speak to my husband please advicing on the reply letter he will send.

Sure. I will let you know when I have it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. emailing using the email you gave me didnt work i have contacted costomer services and they just gave me another email now