How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My grandfather left my dad when he was 3yrs old in scotland

Customer Question

my grandfather left my dad when he was 3yrs old in scotland 1942 ,moved to england,died 1993 ,remarried no kids .left monies to nieces and nephews ,and charities.has my dad got a right to any claimsas being his only son
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no reply yet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
log question said 10 minutes or less ,now 13.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why have you not responded
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you - and my apologies for the delay

I am afraid that in England there is no automatic right for a child to inherit - and any claim would have to have been made within six months of the Grant of Probate.

I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details