How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been seperated for 15 years how do i go about getting

This answer was rated:

i have been seperated for 15 years how do i go about getting a divorce and how much will it cost there is no children involved

Hi, thank you for your question. Given the long separation you can rely on the fact of 5 year separation and you do not require your spouses consent for this - you just need to demonstrate that she is aware of the proceedings.

Given the relatively straightforward nature due to the long separation, you can pursue this yourself and the court fee is £550. You can see the exact guidance and the forms to pursue the divorce here:

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you