How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How can we repay charges applied to property via the land

This answer was rated:

How can we repay charges applied to property via the land registry when my husband was ill and could not repay money owed.? I have only today discovered this during the process of making wills. How should we go about it?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about what has happened please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We wanted to to arrange a tenants in common agreement - we don't have a mortgage - and we were sent, along we draft paperwork a copy of the land registry entry regarding our property. One was for a water bill, which I paid a long time ago. The other two, a credit card and business bank account. All three of these are in my husbands name.

Do you have the funds to settle the debts now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one debt may even have a PPI claim attached to it, as we couldn't claim it at the time.

In that case you simply contact the companies and ask for up to date statements and then pay them off and ask for the Charging Orders to be dischargedIf the creditor does not give you a Certificate of Satisfaction then you can ask the court form one by writing and including evidence of payment.

You can then send the Certificate and the applictaion to the Land Registry

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you