How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have mental health problems and cannot cope living on my

This answer was rated:

I have mental health problems and cannot cope living on my own I need someone 24-7 to talk to am very lonley I need support which the mental health services have not provided. I have therefore invited my boyfriend and brother to come and live with me. The police came to my house because of an argument, they found a bed in the living room and said that they will report me to the council. I am yet to receive a letter from the council but now am living in fear of the consequences and how I can explain to the council that I need these people around to support me without losing my flat , my son also doesn't live in the property he lives with his grand mother what is the best way forward
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am eagerly waiting for an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get an answer asap to my questions

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What exactly did the Police say that they would tell the council - and when was this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The police said that they would report me to the council because they believe that I am subletting this happened on Monday

Why does your boyfriends brother have to live with you as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I am lonely and depressed and I need someone to talk to and I can't manage myself I have mental illness , I just can't cope with life, I need support my boyfriend isn't always around but my brother is always there incase I start to feel suicidal and they help me with the bills because I can't work full time

My apologies I thought it was your boyfriend's brother.

Is this a one bedroom property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a two bedroom property but they are 3 adults occupying it each in a separate room

Please do not worry

You are related to both the people involved - and if the worst happened and you are entitled to have either or both of them staying with you.

Make sure that you have copies of yours and your brothers passports or birth certificate - and any evidence you have concerning your relationship with your partner.

However in general terms you have no cause for concern and I am sorry you have been put through this

However do try and address the issues that led to the argument - that is also not good for your health

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I contact the council about my vulnerable situation, and what do I need to say to them in order that they don't suspect me for subletting, I am worried and weary of waiting for them to write to me . They are taking too long and I am eager to tell them my side of the story and explain to them that the police got it wrong and that I am a mental health patient who has been living with family and friends for support. I really can't cope on my own and I struggle with everything including cooking and cleaning, since my child went into foster care. These people really just do help and support me

They are not going to write to you - you have done nothing wrong and frankly the police were just being officious.

The Council will have no concerns or involvement

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you