How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If I move out what will happen to the mortgage. The house is

This answer was rated:

If I move out what will happen to the mortgage. The house is under my name and so is the mortgage.

Hi, thanks for your further question. You will remain solely liable for the mortgage and unless there is agreement between you she has no obligation to pay it and therefore there will be a risk that there will be arrears. You should therefore consider pursuing a court application usimg Form A and a £255 court fee to deal with the finances alongside the divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think she have hired a solicitor but then she haven't called for mediation. Can she take the case forward either for divorce or finance or child custody without calling for mediation.

She can pursue a divorce without mediation. In relation to the financial and children matters, all she needs to do is attend a mediation information session, and if the mediator does not think mediation is appropriate she can be signed off and pursue a court application regarding both.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In that case how long will it take for me to be notified that she have taken case to court from the start of her openING of case

She should be informing you immediately by serving the documents once they are issued by the court.