How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6777
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a driving disqualification and I have been granted

Customer Question

Hi, I have a driving disqualification and I have been granted the chance to shorten the sentence..
I booked the course with the training provider in June and the only available dates were from 26th September on wards, I received confirmation shortly after booking and paying in full.
Then on the 20th September (4 months later and Less than a week before I attend) I received a letter from the provider saying that i had to have completed the course by the 19th September (the day before the email).
what am I supposed to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When you attended Court did they not tell you when it had to be completed by please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was Writen on the letter from the court but when I booked it I was responding to a letter from the training provider that said i needed to complete it by the end of November. At the time I didn't refer to the court letter, I was totally mislead
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, what about my licence? The money doesn't mean anything. They just made me sit out the whole disqualification?!?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sadly they may be incompetent but that does not mean what they have done is illegal.

You should complain to the court as well, because if enough people do, they may lose the right to provide the course.

Does that clarify?