How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My sister bought mail order goods in 2011 from Express Gifts

Customer Question

My sister bought mail order goods in 2011 from Express Gifts but had a disagreement over return of faulty goods and this dispute was never resolved. Payments she made were swallowed up by unexpected fees so that her account remained in debit. She recently made a DPA for all data stored by the firm. However, documents are missing including the original credit agreement. In August last year Express Gifts sold the grossly inflated debt to another firm which began recovery proceedings which have been put on hold until Express Gifts gets all of the information out of archive. If a signed credit agreement cannot be produced by Express Gifts can this inflated debt be enforced via court proceedings? Don't you have to get customers to sign a credit agreement before you can charge interest or make admin charges and what is Express Gifts position if no such credit agreement exists
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you know how much she paid in total? Please can you also tell me the value of the item she purchased?