How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Hii was divorced by my wife in Sept 1995 in the Bow county

This answer was rated:

Hii was divorced by my wife in Sept 1995 in the Bow county court and my ex wife is to execute a charge in my favour equal to 25%of the net proceeds of the sale of the house. That charge is to become enforceable when the children reach the age of 17 yrs or complete full time education,whichever is the latter, or on the re-marriage of my ex wife, with the leave of the court. The children are now 26 yrs old and my ex wife has never re-married. Please could you advise my process top now make my claim, many thanks.

Hi, thank you for your question. As the trigger event of yoir children finishing education is now met you should write formally to her and seek she complies with the order within a reasonable time and put her on notice that if it is not complied with you will be applying to court to enforce the order. Such enforcement can be done using form D50K to your local family court together with a £155 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you