How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6731
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have sent a model money for companionship. 11000 euros. we

This answer was rated:

I have sent a model money for companionship.
11000 euros.
we got into argument and she said she will not see me.
she says she will keep the money.
is that legal? i have not signed or agreed to any terms or conditions.
we have met before and based on mutual trust i sent the funds beforehand. i am finnish citizen and she is british.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For no please let me know how you paid the sums?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid part as a banktransfer and part online through a merchant called skrill.

Which country are they based in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bankaccount is in Finland and the recipient's in Britain. The online merchant Skrill is based in Britain I believe.
You can check them on

So you are not based in the uk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am finnish citizen

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can usually do this online at: - but I dont think it will let you because you are not inside the UK. Therefore you would complete form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have the address of the person. Is that something I can find publicly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot open file N1

You can get a Court order that disclose it to you.

In any event you may be able to raise a dispute direct with that may investigate.

Works for me

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will contact you again later if needed. Just to clarify, I have right to get the money back?

Yes you do. You didnt get what you paid for.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have you as my lawyer if I file a lawsuit to this person?

Sadly not, this is a question and answer site, we can not act for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah ok, When going to court and she is sentenced to repay me, can I also demand her to pay for my legal fee's?

If its under £10,000 then no, as these are not recoverable as a small claim,