How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6437
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I am an estate agent acting as the landlord for a property

This answer was rated:

I am an estate agent acting as the landlord for a property between myself and a tenant. I received instructions from the owner of a property to return the property back that I was managing as the appointed landlord on the tenancy agreement.
After obtaining a possession order the owner intervened, took over my tenant by entering into a new tenancy agreement with my tenant, and cancelled my possession claim as I had registered the deposit 1 month late.
My point of contention is that costs was awarded to the owner for solicitors fees who was not party to the possession claim. My understanding is that a party who was not a party to the claim cannot claim fees.
Can you point me to the Rules which confirms this and can I appeal to reclaim the fees that was awarded?

Hello Joseph my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are you referring to issuing the claim?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####7755 or 07860 403 367