How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71158
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son was put on the register because girl of 14 teen who

This answer was rated:

my son was put on the register because girl of 14 teen who he had consensual sex with he was 15teen then she accused him of rape we went to youth court where the allegation of rape was thrown out and he got an absolute discharge but because the judge ruled even though she had given consent she was under age to consent so he ruled as a point of law that he had to go on the register for 2years this was in 2012 so what we would like to know is does he have to disclose it to any employers as we fear it could stop him getting a job and when would he have a clear recored if at all thanks

have you sent off for a crb check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell us the answer to are question

If he got an absolute discharge then he must have been convicted?

It cannot have been thrown out. It is a sentence.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we were told he did not get convicted of anything and he did not have a criminal record just went on register the judge found a finding of fact 2 years on the register so does he have to tell any employer about it if so how long for

He was convicted of underage sex then.

What level of checking is he facing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't no was just asking in case he is ask so he knows what to say as he my be ask to disclose any convitions or the fact he was on the registerin in the first place which we think my affect his chances can we talk tomorrow as got to go now got work in the morning early start cheers

It depends on the level of checking he faces.

This will not show on basic or standard checking but it would show on enhanced checking.

I cannot immediately see why he is on the sex offenders register if he received an absolutely discharge when he was a youth but that is another issue.

It is very unlikely that he is facing an enhanced check. Very few people do.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wife says it's bacause he was tried in youth court and not a adult court he can't get absoluete discharge so that's way he went on the register can we talk again tomorrow as we may need to get some more answers please

He can get an absolute discharge.

He would not have gone on the register though.

Youths do not unless they can sentences of more than 12 months.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you