How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My mother died suddenly and left no written will. Can I use

Customer Question

My mother died suddenly and left no written will. Can I use an affitdavit to request medical records as she made a verbal will. And if so can this to be given to medical records or rather the ceo of the hospital
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you her only child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there are four of us all together and my mum also had special guardianship over my cousins daughter which my sister has now taken over
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Why do you wish to obtain the medical records?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To assist in our complaint against the hospitals negligence resulting in my mother's death and depending on the outcome of the meeting to take legal action.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that there is no such thing as a verbal Will unless the deceased is a soldier on active service.

IF you wish to obtain the records then your or one of your siblings needs to apply for Letters of Administration and then write a formal letter requesting the Records as Administrator of the Estate

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other way around it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Would this be a problem?