How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My sister has sadly tried to kill herself this evening. We

This answer was rated:

my sister has sadly tried to kill herself this evening. We believe this is due to her having a court order to appear in court tomorrow to have her home reposted. I believe this is for the lender to make an application before a judge. the amount she owes is small and I can pay it in full. I would like legal advice if this is possible and if i am able to pay will this stop the re possession order going ahead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should say I mean if i pay her debt to the mortgage company in full

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am so sorry for your troubles

Yes if you are able to pay of all the arrears then the Court will not make the Possession Order.

If your sister is not well enough to attend court then you shoudl go with evidence of her medical condition and a letter from her asking you to deal with matters for her.

Technically this should NOT be enough to allow you to speak for her - but in the circumstance I believe the court will flexible.

At worst the Court make make a suspended possession Order dependent on your clearing the arrears within 14 days

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I plan to contact the court in the morning and also the mortgage company, I anticipate I may have to go to court and speak on her behalf, but wondered if I contact the mortgage company pay off the mortgage in full will they be likely to cancel the court proceeding. i accept that that may cost me monies also.