How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6401
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have been waiting for a CMC date for ages, and phoned up

This answer was rated:

I have been waiting for a CMC date for ages, and phoned up the listings office that told me that I have to complete a N244 form in order to get a date. I thought that the CMC wouldn't require another form to be filled out.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Why do you need a CMC? What type of case and what track?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Multi track. Conned out of my life savings.
I need to know if I should have filled in another form after I had submitted the DQ in order to get a CMC. The otherside will not disclose documents before mediation, and I need to talk about this at the meeting...I thought that a N244 form was to raise an order?

Have you had any Court orders after the DQ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to pay more fees in order to get to the CMC meeting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I put on my DQ that I would like to ask for disclosure of documents, and amend my POC, but I haven't asked to raise an of these orders yet. I was told to wait until the CMC

Ok - you just need to wait. The matter will be allocated to Multi Track and a CMC listed.

You do not need to make an application for this. But if you want a CMC sooner then you do need to make an application using form N244.

Form N244 is applying to the Court for something, so it would be the correct form.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I thought that. The listings office have got it wrong then. I issued my claim in May and now it is Oct. If I want it sooner I have to pay, is that right?

Yes, its £100 application fee but you can get costs in the case, so if you win, you could get that back.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you