How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6447
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My mobile number has been given out in error by a 3rd party

This answer was rated:

my mobile number has been given out in error by a 3rd party delivery company (Yodel) to the customers of at least two companies stating that my number is ***** number of their delivery driver! As such I have been called and texted all weekend and today. Despite contacting Yodel and the companies whose goods are being delivered the calls continue.
What legal action can be taken against Yodel concerning this, I have spent most of today (I work) trying to get this sorted.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What loss have you suffered as a result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time spent taking calls and texts over the weekend and today, time on the phone to Yodel (delivery company) and Virgin Media and Miss Guided (the companies that Yodel are working for) to get to the bottom of the problem and try and get it stopped. I suspect 2 hours on the phone to the companies and answering 30-40 calls and texts to the customers.

Generally you would have no claim, but I will outline the process if you want to bring a claim.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you