How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

It is prohibited in law on parents objection,that their

Customer Question

It is prohibited in law on parents objection,that their children are put up for adoption by the local authority.Please can you confirm that the local authority can NOT take and adopt your children without the parents consent.Please quote Act and section,1989 childrens and familiies act,or from adoption act 2002,2014 or any other legislation.
Clare Gregg
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am afraid that you are mistaken although the Local Authority does not have the final say

Prior to 2005 under Section 18 of the Adoption Act*****had the Power to make a "Freeing Order"allowing a child to be adopted notwithstanding the opposition of the parents.

Since then the same result is achieved with a Placement Order, made under section 21 of the Adoption and Children Act 2002

Please ask if you need further details