How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My mediation went well for 7 weeks, they dismissed their

Customer Question

my mediation went well for 7 weeks, they dismissed their service and it all fell apart!!! and I applied/paid for National contact centre, what should I do if she is refusing to complete the online application??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you seeking contact arrangements for yourself or trying to put them in place?

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what are the terms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son is 22years old and has been seeing his 4month old daughter for 7 saterdays in a row!!(via mediation services put in place by ourselves) - there are no court orders in place. he has spent £720 so far on goodies, pram etc. all he needs to know is what steps does he require to take next, if she refuses to Log-in and complete her forms for an application to meet at the contact centre? application for Contact done, and she has the Ref codes to complete? but says she wont do it?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. If she refuses to engage in the proposed arrangements he would need to consider applying to court for a child arrangement order - at this time he will have no enforcement options and will require a court order to enforce any arrangements.

He should formally write to her with the proposals and inform her if she does not engage in the proposals that he will pursue an application to court. This can be done under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to the child's local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.