Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a business bank account with barclays bank with a

Hello, I have a business bank account with barclays bank with a balance of over 300 thousand pounds and for over 3 weeks they told me my account is under review, Is there any way of getting them to release my money?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear, the money is frozen?
Is this an unusual amount to have in the account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the money has been frozen and I wouldn't think it is an unusual amount to be in a business account, I got paid from an international partner and barclays hasn't asked me to provide anything and give me an answer to why they have frozen my money.

Did you tell them in advance of this payment coming in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they had an Idea but that has not stopped them from freezing the account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave the chance and opportunity to do whatever they want reviewing for 3 weeks and this has stopped my business activities
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jamie, are you still with me?

You need to write and make a formal complaint. You can do this at:

Freepost Barclays Customer Relations - that is all you need to put.

Once they investigate and if they do not find for you then you can go to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

The only the option is to seek a Court injunction but clearly there is a cost to that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your assistance, I will write to them.

Sorry for the delay, I do not type very quick! All the best - If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!