How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6789
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

In 2006 i entered into a agreement for a 10 year loan with

This answer was rated:

In 2006 i entered into a agreement for a 10 year loan with my bank to re develop a city centre 4 stories city centre building ,this was done through a joint development were the bank had to agree to the Site surveyour ,solictor, builder etc .
Half way through the development it was found that the solicitor had got the deed of title wrong for the fire building escapes ,the builder stopped work.
New plans had to be drawn up and further costs of approximately#200k where occurred along with a reduction of appartments in the property from 24 to 18 giving a reduced rental income .The bank offered the extra funds to cover the building costs and complete the works ,while still on the 10 year loan agreement .
It is now 10 years and the loan agreement as run out and the bank have offered me a new loan facility of 3 years to repay the 200k .
I asked the bank at the time in 2006 if they would agree to take the solicitor to court for the extra building costs and reduction in income ,due to getting the deed of title wrong but they refused.
Iam now left after 10 years having to sign a new loan agreement ,are the bank due to being a joint developer liable for half of the remaining costs ?.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
se give me a written opinion

Are they refusing to pay the costs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they refused to pay the cost for the solicitor to go against the solicitor who got the deed of title wrong

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thats fine thanks

You may also wish to bring a claim for negligence against the Solicitor as well.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot bring claim against solictor over time limit

Ah ok - its 12 years if under a deed.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
understand thanks

Great. If I could invite you to rate please. All the best and good luck

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you