How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner passed away over a year ago, we have a daughter

Customer Question

My partner passed away over a year ago, we have a daughter together. Her father dealt with the probate and had me sign to say I was happy to deal with it. He was meant to be putting our home into trust for our daughter as the property was in my partners name. We were not married and had no wills. He has failed to do this so far. Can I apply for probate in my name and arrange for the house to be transferred to my daughter or do I have to leave it for my partners father to deal with it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Has he actually obtained Letters of Administration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe he has been to court and obtained probate, so he has told me, unfortunately we aren't on full talking terms.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can check here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is one on there that under type says grant only.