How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Had a minor car accident, my fault and have discovered my

This answer was rated:

Had a minor car accident, my fault and have discovered my insurance is lapsed. Not sure what to do

First thing: get the car insured. Secondly: offer to pay for the other driver's claim yourself and don't put it through insurance. You have committed a criminal offence and that is the only way of keeping this under the radar. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Have since insured car. The other party have already contacted their insurer, but I haven't told them yet I was uninsured. I have other persons contact details, is it best to contact them direct?

Yes, I would try to deal with it on the basis that you will pay for the damage personally.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you