How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6461
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

In 2010 I took out 8 year finance to cover double glazing.

This answer was rated:

Hi, in 2010 I took out 8 year finance to cover double glazing. The agreement only has my name against it. It was for property owned by myself & my fiance at that time the agreement being we would pay half. Since day one we have paid £31 each towards the £62 monthly payment even after splitting in 2012. She has now stopped payments refusing to have any contact with me directly. I know she has or has had a trust deed organised by her current husband. Payments were regular to our joint account despite any trust deeds etc.....she has caused the joint account to go overdrawn forcing me to pay interest charges also.....I am currently paying the £62 myself with 2 years left on the finance....I have statement proof showing every payment she has made to the joint account & when she stopped paying.
Do i have a case to take her to a small claim court for the money owed plus the future payments still owed.
Your help/advice with this situation would be much appreciated.
many thanks ..James Curran***********

Hello James my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know why she is not making payments?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Just tried, it rang out then went to voicemail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i missed your call, i was actually phoning your office..Can you please call me again to discuss...many thanks