How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6726
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a parking charge from July 2014 which has arrived at

This answer was rated:

I have a parking charge from July 2014 which has arrived at the point where next Wednesday 12th October I am to appear in court to Set the Judgement aside.
Although I have been requesting photographic evidence for 2 years from UKPC none has been received until last Friday 30th September which I now realise one of my family hasd parked illegally and not told me.
Ive called MIL collections today to try to "negotiate" out of cort, but their translation of negotiate is all one way, theirs.
I have paid £255 to appear in court already. The Notice of Hearing states if the other party provides written consent prior to the hearing the fee comes down to £100, thats after I have paid MIl in full, can you advise if that is correct.
To confirm I am considering paying MIL £259 so that they will advise the court the debt is cleared and I will get a refund of £155 from the court.
Is that as you see it?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Now you have paid in full will UKPC agree to vacate the hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent paid UKPC yet, my debt is with MIL Collections and I dont trust them to advise the court the debt is cleared do they have to advise the court

The problem you have is this, you still have Judgment and still need to set aside.

Unless MIL have confirmed that they agree to set aside Judgment you still need to go to the Court hearing.

This is because there is still Judgment. They will have to consent to this.

If they do, then you can apply to set aside with consent then you are quite right, the Court fee is £100.

But you need a letter saying they consent to set aside.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do they confirm to me in writing once I have paid, has the fact that I have not photographic evidence until last Friday, although I have requested several times, any defence

Well in reality you dont because you have paid it. I assume it was sent to your address where the V5 is?
If so, then you have no defence so can only rely on them agreeing to set aside.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you