How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife wishes to return to Russia with our 4YO son who has

This answer was rated:

My wife wishes to return to Russia with our 4YO son who has a UK passport. I am ok to give permission provided visistation and contact rights are agreed. Do i just simply need to issue a letter or does it need court approval
For background she asks me to leave and wants a divorce several times a week now for the last few months. I am nots ure she will actually leave

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Do you trust her to keep to any agreement she makes regarding contact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes I would trust the contact agreement. Unfortnately she has severe anger and insecuity issues that she simply wont address but I do believe not being with me would calm her

In that case yes a simple letter is all that is required - there is no need to involve the courts.

However it would be sensible to include all that has been agreed in terms of Contact so that there is no doubt about what was discussed.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you