How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

In 1985 I was at a residential college for disabled students

This answer was rated:

In 1985 I was at a residential college for disabled students in cheltenham I was due to receive an indwelling urethral catheter change due to having spina bifida. The appointed nurse on campus who attempted to make the change actually put it in wrong pierced my bladder and put it into my left testicle thus incurring internal bleeding Hence causing me to have septicaemia I was violently sick and was admitted to cheltenham General Hospital and I believe because of this I am unable to have a sexual relationship it has also caused me to have pressure sores from that day to this and also suffer psychologically traumatic experiences when further receiving urethral catheter care. Could you please tell me whether I am too late to make a claim PR DAVIS MR

Personal injury claims have to be commenced within 3 years of the date of the accident/injury or the date upon which the claimant could reasonably have been aware that s/he had suffered injury as consequence of the negligence of another person.

You could argue that this is the first time that you have reasonable knowledge of a potential claim but 30 years is an awfully long time.

You will also need to establish that what you suspect is true and that will involve getting a doctor to confirm that what happened then is responsible for your suffering today or at least is a major cause.

As such it is difficult if not impossible to advise whether such a claim will be successful because it is dependent on medical evidence showing a link between the 2.

Best wishes


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you