How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6415
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can I get my money back for a static caravan, as the site

This answer was rated:

can I get my money back for a static caravan, as the site facilities are not as described, I paid £9000 cash and £15000 on finance

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When did you first try and reject the goods?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we told them last week that things were not as described.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

As the claim is over £10,000 you would need representation.

However the finance people will also be joint and severally liable under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, so you should speak to them first.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you