How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am in a predicament where I have filed for divorce in

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am in a predicament where I have filed for divorce in April. My husband holds all of our finances, has assets of roughly £50M and an income of roughly £240k pa. He has paid only £250 pw maintenance since my breakdown in 2008 when he left me and withdrew funds, sold the country house and contents but I received none.
He is refusing to pay my legal fees, and I have no funds to cover them. If my litigation loan does not go through, how do I apply for a judgement for him to cover my fees? How much will this cost?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Which part of the Uk are you both in and how far has the divorce reached?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H is in London and I now live in Hampshire.
Not yet at Form E stage. I have run out money, he is refusing to pay my fees and still expects me to live on £1.46.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
an hour that is.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

has a Petition been issued and have your current solicitors discussed interim spouse maintenance with you?