How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7044
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

Next of kin for my father in law Assistant: Thank you. Can

Customer Question

next of kin for my father in law
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: his only son has rapid dementia so who would be his dads next of kin .I am caring for his dad just now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

The next of kin normally refers to the person who would be entitled to act to administer his estate.

That is determined by a table of blood relatives. Spouse, children , parents, siblings, nephews/nieces, cousins.

In the absence of those most organisations which require consent for, say, treatment will accept the reality of the situation that you are de facto caring for him.

In addition they may accept you having some authority as his carer.

Best wishes