How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am about to set up a Trust with Inheritance Legal Services

This answer was rated:

I am about to set up a Trust with Inheritance Legal Services Ltd. of Cambridge putting my house in trust to my son so that if I need to go into a care home, my property may not be sold to pay for the fees. I do not know if this company is a bona fide company, it seems so from the internet but people are saying I should be wary. I am about to pay approx., £3,000 for this to be arranged, with £50 per year for this record to be kept at their premises. Help!

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Please please go and discuss matters with a local Wills Solicitor- I'm afraid these non Solicitor companies are telling clients that their home is 100% safe by setting up a magical Trust, but the truth is that nothing can be guaranteed and your home is not 100% secure if you are to remain living there. These Companies charge an arm and a leg to draft one Trust Deed (which a Solicitor would do for no more than £500) and to be charged £50 per year is astronomical-most Solicitors, for example, would normally charge no more than £20 and most don't charge at all. So, make an appointment to see a Solicitor who will be able to advise you as regards ***** ***** fees and discussing the legitimate ways of protecting your home and making a Will. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you