How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10584
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I started a small claim against a person who has now paid in

Customer Question

I started a small claim against a person who has now paid in full, how to I cancel my claim
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was this a claim online or was it a paper claim?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This claim was online through Money Claim Online
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 years ago.

ok. You log back into moneyclaim online, then you click the claim and then update status. You can select discontinue and the date. This will end it.

If the matter has gone beyond this stage you need to write to the court where the claim has been transferred to and say you wish to discontinue.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?