How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6416
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I employ a security firm which has negligently allowed

Customer Question

I employ a security firm which has negligently allowed gypsies on my land on two occasions. So I sacked them and have not yet paid their last months fees if £13k as the insured non recoverable costs we gave incurred are about £15k. Their terms of engagement expressly prohibit off-set. My defence to their proceedings will be to counterclaim for damages arising from their negligence. Can the court be asked to merge/join the two actions for a single hearing or mediation rather than me being forced to pay their contractual debt and then sue the for negligence to get it back? David Beard
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello David my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

He would need to make an application but yes.

If they arise out of the same facts then it would make sense for a court to hear them together, despite being two claims.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.