How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6733
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I'm having a new kitchen, it's in the process of being

This answer was rated:

I'm having a new kitchen, it's in the process of being installed and they have put the sink the wrong way around. On the original design it is the wrong way around. Since then I have changed the tiles, the cupboards and the floor along with the sink. I gave feedback on this image verbally assuming they'd written it all down. I thought they would do another drawing but apparently not. All of the other changes have been made (kind of) but not the sink. I don't have any written information any where of which side the drainer will be on, only this very initial design which I see as void as I updated them.
They are saying its that way in the original picture so they won't change it. I care for two adults with learning disabilities in my home who tend do the washing up, they won't cope easily or physically with the change. I even explained to the designer how I set them up to wash up from right to left. Can they really leave me with it in the wrong position?

hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You are sure it's the wrong way round and not correct as per manufacturers specification?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, it can be fitted either way, so it's possible to turn it around. Having spoken to various friends who have had kitchens recently they were all asked by the designer which way they wanted it. I wasn't but asked but I know I told them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should say there is a round disc at with side, either one is removed to fit the tap depending on which way around.

Ok. You need to send in writing that you want them to correct it or say you will get someone else to and seek the money back. Make sure you send this recorded delivery.

If they refuse then get the price for getting the job corrected.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have £1000 to pay on completion, can I withhold this?

Assuming it will cost more than £1000 to fix. Assuming it cost someone else £250 you fix you would deduct this am due pay the balance of £750

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, but will this lead to them taking legal action against me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was just having lunch. Yes it is possible but given the value it would only ever be a small claim, so they can't claim expensive costs.

But I doubt they will, you have a good case.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does. Thank you.

Do you wish me to call you and discuss this further with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no thanks, ***** ***** appear to have accidentally paid for this! ��

Ok, but if you do need me to call I am more than happy to. Enjoy the rest of Sunday.