How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71157
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have to show 3 years of bank statements to a DWP Local

This answer was rated:

I have to show 3 years of bank statements to a DWP Local Compliance Officer. I live with my grandmother and I once gave her £10000 for my living expenses (I've been living with her since November 2003). Will they accuse me of deprivation of capital?

I'm really sorry but they probably will.

There is no real way of softening it. They are likely to think this is deprivation of capital.

Regular payments of maintenance amounts would be one thing. A large payment of £10k is another.

I'm very sorry but if they find it that is likely to be their view.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what happens if they can't ultimately prove deprivation of capital?