How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10743
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

A friends partnet of 25yrs has died and left a will leaving

This answer was rated:

A friends partnet of 25yrs has died and left a will leaving the house to her son. My friends name is ***** ***** the mortgage any bill or he has just found out the council tax. Her son has given him a weeks notice email to leave the propery. What are my friends rights

Hi, your friend has the right to apply to Court under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act if he has not been left adequate financial provision in his partner's Will. Please note that any such application needs to be made as soon as possible. Your friend should therefore go and see a local Wills Solicitor just as soon as he can, so he can be fully advised on this. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you