How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

A DWP Local Service Compliance Officer is going to see my

This answer was rated:

A DWP Local Service Compliance Officer is going to see my bank statements for an income-related employment and support allowance benefit review and they will see that I pay my grandmother £400 per month by direct debit for my living expenses but then she gives most of it back to me and I pay it back into my bank. Will this type of behaviour be acceptable to the DWP?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obviously she gives most of the £400.00 back to me as I can't live without it.

Thank you for your question

Where does that money come from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The money comes from my income-related employment and support allowance benefit, Christmas and birthday money and my two tax refunds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from some trust money (£2000) that I've already declared.

Provided that is where the money came from and it has all been declared this will not be an issue

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your help.