How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6726
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I was wondering if a morgage protection insurance is the

This answer was rated:

i was wondering if a morgage protection insurance is the same as PPI

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your siautaion a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been paying for my house morgage at the bottom of the agreement it says £125per monthplus cover for protected payments plan£6.25per month is this the same as PPI which can be claimed back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have an answer yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the £44 on top of my origanal payment?

Sorry I was just in Court.

Yes if you have protection its the same as PPI. If you have been mis-sold it then you can claim it back.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Yes you can write to the Mortgage Provider and ask for it to be investigated.

Then if not you can go to:

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you know if it has been mis- sold

Whether you needed it, whether you asked for it, whether you were made are of it

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was not asked if i wanted it i certainly wanted the loan which was only£8900 there are 5 items numbered on the agreement but after the 4 item there is a space thenin addition we will maintain a morgage protection polic ycovering then balance of the loan the house was valued at £ 30.000

Then you need to go to the Provider make a complaint then go to the Financial Ombudsman.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you