How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6723
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have had a date for my house to be repossessed I sent in a

This answer was rated:

Hi I have had a date for my house to be repossessed I sent in a n244 form which was refused so I appealed in the county court the lower court granted my permission to appeal , we attended the appeal hearing in Cardiff county court at the end of the hearing it was ordered that the application for permission to appeal is refused , my question is can I now take this to the Supreme Court or European cart of justice and if so how do I go about it

Hello my name is ***** ***** I Will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

On what basis was the original possession order granted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was granted because of the arrears on the account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want the possession order to be suspended

Has the eviction taken place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's the 20th of october

Ok - then you can only appeal to the Court of Appeal. That is the route of appeal when leave for permission has been refused.

Then and only then can you pursue it at the Court of Appeal.

But if the basis of rent arrears then the law (and case law) says that you must show that you can manage current monthly payment PLUS a contribution to arrears which will pay it off within 3 years.

If you can't show this then case law is against you. However you need to appeal to the Court of appeal.

Then if that does not work can you appeal to the Supreme Court.

But you cant go to the Supreme Court directly, you need to appeal to the CoA.

You need to contact the CoA directly.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you all seems pretty clear so I have to appeal to the COA for permission to request appeal in the Supreme Court

No, its permission to appeal FIRST to the CoA.

Then only if that fails its off to the Supreme Court

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you