How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6795
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I suffered a fractured spine at in wonderland in Bournemouth

This answer was rated:

I suffered a fractured spine at Alice in wonderland in Bournemouth 4 years ago and still suffering with numb thighs and can't hold my bladder as I could before . I went with a no win no fee company at the time , I was talked into accepting the first offer and found out just before payout that the solicitor dealing with me had got all affairs in order and left the firm .i was made aware today by someone that is dealing with a debt that was caused by my injury that this sounded a little unusual, and maybe get some advice thankyou ***** *****

Hello Dan my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello jamie thankyou for responding my name is ***** ***** jumped to Dan. I'm just wondering if I was fairly represented or whether they might have cut my claim short , so they could get their payment quickly so they leave their position when they wanted and whether £11000 was a fair payout for a spinal injury I'm still suffering from and 7000 went in unpaid mortgage and bills due to the accident as I was self employed leaving me £4000 for 7 months of hell???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still feel the area of my back that was damaged . I have feelings of someone pouring cups of hot liquid down my thighs and they go numb for long periods of time .I get caught so short I sometimes wet myself a bit .

You may have a claim for negligence against the Solicitor, but what you cant do is reopen the case against the Defendant.

What is the prognosis for your back according to the medical expert?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to see a specialist and get one if I was to take this further. I now feel that the solicitor was leaving and rushed my case through to receive their commission prior to leaving the company , at no point did the solicitor say to me that they were leaving.

Its hard to say without knowing. But the 2016 guidelines are this:

Up to 1 year - £2,050 - £3,630

1-2 years - £3,630 - £6,600

After 2 years but not permanent - £6,600 to £10,670

Prolonged acceleration £10,450 - £23,120

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou jamie

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you