How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6790
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I used to be in a business partnership that I left back in

This answer was rated:

Hi, i used to be in a business partnership that I left back in Nov 2015, as it was registered here at my home address in getting letters from the bank account for the business, it's £1400 overdrawn, my ex partner will not respond to me, how can I sort this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is it a joint account please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a joint account

Thanks. Can I give you a call in half hour, I am just having my dinner?!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me at 9pm? Thank you

I realise the system doesnt show your number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a private message to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It should have my number on there?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I need to go on but is that not just a method to get back money I'm owed and not a way to get my name off the bank account?

But you will have to pay it before they release you.

You can use this or form N1:

To request payment AND to name the bank to get you removed

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok yes I will fill it in and for now put a stop on the account, would you recommend me paying it or leaving it until the court has decided ?

I would do that now. Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify please, would you recommend I pay off the bank even though he could be liable equally ? I can only get the account closed with a signature from from ex business partner stating that he wishes to do so

Yes pay it off and then get removed. You wont get the bank to remove you until its paid off

You need a Court order to remove you, as suggested above.