How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My ex wife who lives in Belgium has served a notice to me

Customer Question

My ex wife who lives in Belgium has served a notice to me issued in a Belgian court to try and force the sale of our shared house in the uk, is this enforceable ?? what are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Is this part of a matrimonial settlement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it was agreed in 2001 that my parents would be allowed to live in the house until their passing, my father died 2 yrs ago leaving just my mother. We have not lived in the house since 2001, I have paid every payment since purchase from my personal account, we were divorced early this year and she lives in Belgium and has now asked for the house to be sold against our initial agreement. This has not been part of our divorce settlement.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has there actually been a final divorce settlement?