How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My boyfriend sold the house where I live with him and our

Customer Question

My boyfriend sold the house where I live with him and our two children, and he sold it without asking us or telling us. Now we have to move out, and I just wonder if can he do it legally and do I have rights or the children for the property and if we have what can we do now.
The property is on my boyfriend's name and the mortgage as well, but we had the joint bank account when we bought the house 3 years ago.
thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What financial contribution have you made to the property?

How old are the children?